View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
PrimalScream

Mornin everyone, lucky day 13 for me. slept until 5 am last night, that's the longest by far yet...although i still feel like I haven't slept in a year when I wake up...I think it is just the accumulation of years of abuse from binging. Went for a 2km run around 8pm last night, that might have helped. Gonna try and get back into running at least 3 or 4 times a week. After work yesterday we had our annual hockey pool draft. Of course it is held at a bar...the winner from the year before always buys everyone a round when we first get there. I told them I was still on the wagon from my vegas trip 13 days ago and still recovering (which is true). So I drank diet cokes through the whole thing...it was fine and they were all fine with it. But I have to find a better substitute drink than diet coke...that aspartame is bad stuff. Anyone have any good suggestions for what to drink when you go out? I know there is always water but it is nice to have something different and it makes other people think you are actually having a drink so they don't constantly question you why you are not drinking. Welcome all the new September folk...racerAK you should definitely check out a beginner AA class, If you haven't already read my post about my experience check it out...it was all good. thirtybubba, hang in there. Sounds like you need to connect with people...I'm no expert but maybe a beginners AA class would be good for you to. You can do it!!! Have a great sober day everyone!!