View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jam52633

Thank you to everyone that replied

A couple things I would like to note:

1. It's stress/anger I am feeling not anxiety. I had terrible anxiety for a week or so after not drinking. That was what made me want to stop. And since I have stopped that anxiety feeling has subsided. I now feel like a ticking time bomb, anything and everything gets me right pissed off. The littlest things will set me off, and I will have a couple fit. I need to figure out a method or series of methods to control my stress level. Going to try exercise, meditation. Anything. It's been getting so bad, I don't know if I can make it till Monday, when I see my Dr. I almost drank last night to releive my stress (and yes I know that sounds crazy, but what else am I to do).

Thank you for the "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" by Edmund J. Bourne suggestion. I read that book. I gave it to someone that really really needed anxiety help at the time.

2. AA is not the end all be all for becoming sober in life. Yes it works, and yes it helps and helped lots of people. The last attempt I made to go to AA, I took it very seriously. I went to alot of DIFFERENT meeting, I got the big book and started reading it. I stayed around afterwards and helped put chairs away (trying to put myself out there). I am very shy, and will not go up to people to start a conversation, but I have really forced myself to try and stay after the meeting is done, and not just run out. It also took me about 2 weeks before I stopped running to the bathroom when it was time to introduce myself. So it's not like I didn't try. 3 weeks, almost every day, a bunch were to the same place, I saw alot of the same faces, nothing. It's like I am attending a closed circle, that I am not apart of. I stand there and watch all the friends chat with each other, having a great time, and me, NOTHING. So do I want to go back to AA, HELL NO.

You know it's funny, my freind tells me, when he started going, people would throw themselves at him, left and right. He said they were practically attacking him, to start doing his steps and for them to be his sponser.

So what did I do wrong?