View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
McGowdog

Naw Miami. I didn't approach it like you were doing anything really wrong.

You are looking for recovery from drugs/alcohol/whatever and you have a right to be shown a spiritual path for a solution just like any of us.

Now, you talked about having a sponsor who said that you'd be stuck in steps 1, 2, and 3, until your sponsor deems you fit to move on and do an inventory. I would fire that sponsor. That person is worthless to you. I could do a better job of sponsoring you than that. I'd like to have you send this yoyo my way so I can have a talk with them.

But you're probably right. I'm not well qualified to relate to you and/or identify if you're not an alky like me. I snorted coke. I smoked it in a pipe. I smoked it off of aluminum foil. It got me high. I liked it. But at the end of the night, I put it down, went home, and suffered the withdrawal. Now put booze in me and you've got another scenerio. We are perhaps different. The only recovery I know is out of the Book... the 12 Steps.

When I came back to A.A. from my last bender, I was told to just start writing my 4th Step. I wasn't told to do a 1st, 2nd or 3rd step. I was just given 21 days to finish an inventory. So I did 1, 2, and 3 on my own and got the inventory done in 22 days. What can I say? It worked.

It's up to you to find someone who will take you through the work or find a group of people who mean business.