View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
UniversesChild

Oh wow Primal, I'm so very glad for you!!!! Glad you had a good 1st experience--not everyone does--the people there are human after all just like everybody else. The first thing I noticed was how judgmental I was about the people there at first ("they're not like me, they're not like me, I don't belong here...")...and what a different opinion I had after I heard them share their stories. There are all kinds there, a few just complaining, some struggling, but most are SO REAL it's so inspiring!

Being new, going to groups where I was the only new one was really scary until I realized that I was actually helping them too, reminding them of where they once were and why they keep coming back. So much good advice and support there too. There are people there celebrating months, even years of sobriety, and they are still clapping for me and my 3 days, 11 days, whatever...what an honor.

PS-I'm impressed with your bike for driving you there too--how cool is that? Please take that next step and call that guy who gave you his #. And try a few different groups out if you (or your bike) can muster it. I get a totally different experience at the 5 different groups I've been to.

Wow, I'm so glad you went--that's so awesome!!!