View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

I'm so happy to see you too! I was wondering where you've been. I hope you'll keep posting - we have alot to learn from you & perhaps we can be of some help.

The way you describe yourself was me exactly, Padraic. I had a stash of beer in my guestroom closet. I'd drink from it all day & when my husband came home with our "evening's supply" of 12 beers I'd already be half in the bag. He never knew (or didn't seem to). Next day I'd walk to the store and refill my supply. Once walked through a hurricane to get there. I was so bad I couldn't even go to the grocery store without taking something with me in my purse to slug down in the ladies room. (I'd shake, you know....) I had it by my bedside in the end & couldn't get through the night without it. You said you were sober when you wrote your post - but I was never sober in the end. I finally dumped my last one down the drain 5 mos. after arriving at SR. These people (and YOU) gave me the courage to lay it down.

I was a slave, but I've broken free of my chains after 25+ years. You can too. I'm so glad you came here to tell us what's been going on. Please keep posting. Sending love.