View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
karma79

Originally Posted by a fallen man View Post
how about my fellow day 14ers....you still out there???
day.. hmm, 22 I think today so I'm in the same range. I'm a little similar to you - college football saturday used to equal me being completely smashed by 3:00pm & trying to find Texas fans to yell at and/or beat up. I went to my moms saturday to watch a game and I found it to be just as enjoyable sober. Her and my step-dad drank but I didn't. She asked me why I wasn't drinking and I told her that the last time I wrecked my car (I was drunk AND sending a text message and ended up hitting a brick mailbox.... sooooo stupid) I figured it was time to stop. She said she was proud of me and agreed that it was probably a good idea, lol.

When I got home, my girlfriend and I had some friends over and us guys kicked the girls ass at trivial pursuit and played rockband until 3:00 am. I think I said this a few weeks ago as well but normally the party would have been over around midnight as I would have been too drunk to make sense.

Now that I am this far in, I am finding that I have absolutely no desire to drink anymore. I keep telling myself that yeah, it's fun... but only temporarily. Brutal hangovers are there for a reason I suppose. By no means am I saying "I am cured!" and I know I'll have to take things easy for the rest of my life, but my outlook is much brighter than it was even a month ago.

PLUS I get ID'd for cigarettes again. I took turning 30 pretty hard but that makes me feel good, lol.