View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
endzoner
Being Me for the first time

hi everyone ..... tue marks the first day of fall according to the kitty calendar hanging on my wall . I dont want it pweeeezzee can we just keep summer .. Its ok , Ill survive got SR and other supports to keep me going and not to mention my job .

Carrie and Renee9 thats fantastic 2 weeks wahooooo.. and just think what your feeling and experiencing is just a grain size piece of sand its gonna grow like the beach ! stick with what you ladys are doing, it works for you and thats what counts ! finding meetings that you can relate to and getting a sponcer and workin the program is a big part of recovery , dont know where i would be in mine if I didnt do my share .

Daisy day 1 for you and you should be proud of yourself for reaching out . just an fyi .. addiction dont care if your smart, or poor , or famous , or male or felmale its not bias, All it cares bout is that you love it more then anything . Im female btw , some think male because the name .. nope im all tomboy ( girl ) lol . 6 yrs of recovery and growing each day in my recovery ,
Many think at the stage of yrs in recovery its pretty done , you just keep doing what your doing , well thats moslty correct but we learn each day and find insperations in you newcommers and oldtimers as well . its being teachable I for one love learing ( gosh i wish i would of said that in highschool ) aslo Meletonins rock ! they do work and i still take them on occassion when i cant sleep , wish I would of known bout them yrs ago ,

as to the Gin comment ( so many posts to click back on sorry ) tho the reason may seem to make sence it all boils down to one simple thing thats " control " many have tried that thinkin process and failed , its seems logical and all , but it will be so easy for you to just open that freeze and takin it out and drinkin it , Soberity comes with work and determination , your alki brain is saying keep it , " whispers " just in case something makes you mad and you need to chill " , i know its a comfort thing being there , but does it really need to be there ? cuz if you really wanted it and drank it whats to stop you from going to get more ? all you gotta do is not"" take that first drink and NOT having it at a foot steps away. just my two cents on that .

Today im greatful for ...... the rain showers we had , washing away all the dry dirty dust and watering the fields of corn and such , having the day off and being lazy a wll needed day ( but im gonna bake yum yums ) so with all this said .. its time to go whip up a batch of Zucchinni breads .. much huggles ~ endzy ~