View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
McGowdog

Originally Posted by miamifella View Post
Step 2 says "We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity." There is nothing about "willing" in it...
Ummm... we use the whole book up to page 164.

There's a chapter called We Agnostics. It says,

Originally Posted by what We Agnostics says with regards to "willing"
We needed to ask ourselves but one short question. "Do I now believe, or am I even willing to believe, that there is a Power greater than myself?" As soon as a man can say that he does believe, or is willing to believe, we emphatically assure him that he is on his way. It has been repeatedly proven among us that upon this simple cornerstone a wonderfully effective spiritual structure can be built.
Originally Posted by miamifella View Post
It is not a decision...
No, it's not a decision either. The decision comes in the 3rd Step. But instead of reading the short form wall scrolls, look at pages 60 to 63. So if the 2nd step starts on page 44, it must go all the way to page 60... if you want to look at it that way. Then step 1 would go from title page to 44. There's actually a recap for Step 1 on the first paragraph of page 44. There's also a paragraph on page 52... for those of us that want to go it alone... without God. So... you want to be an atheist, that's what you get.

But even if you want to believe that God is everything, that alone won't get you sober, clean, whatever. If that was the case, the A.A. book would be a one-page pamphlet that said, "God Keeps you Sober! Have a good day."

But it doesn't. We... have work to do.