Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Hey Gneiss, yeah, it does seem a bit overwhelming at first. I think the tapering off the meds is making it harder too, yet it has to be done. Has me all scared inside, just in this general way. Always a weird feeling, tapering off something like Klonopin, even if only 1 mg a day.

Alera...Grew up in the middle of nowhere, I used to place ads in the back of Maximimrockandroll, and trade tapes/write a ton of letters in the 80s, nothing much on the radio up there. But I miss those days, writing actual letters.

On day 6 not drinking. Have been having these lower back pains, I think I strained it last week, prying a window open. Ouch. But then I have also freaked out, thinking, OMG, my kidneys are going out.....though I don't really have any symptoms of that. But I am a worry-wart as far as the body goes.

If I could have one wish, that would be to have my body feel like it did when I was 16, all supple and elastic, thin, relatively free from pain, a flower that is opening as opposed to one losing petals in the wind. I am 41, and it is hard getting older like this. It happens, but I can’t say I like it, really!

Adric