View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tricky164

A sponsor is a recovered addict/alcoholic who been through the 12 steps of recovery. unfortunately though people want to recover then just get on with thier lifes, missing the whole point of whats really on offer here, (working with others), i sponsor people in the double figures and i do this be cause its a pleasure, it keeps me clean/sober, and i owe it to the man who passed it on to me.
not everybody does this though and this is the reason why we who do the work are inundated with sponsee's. QUOTE; from winston churchill "never has so much been owed by so many to so few" out of context i know, but seems to be quite applicible in this case.

I expect my sponsees to ring me every day at a certain time, read the big book everyday, ring two newcomers, get on knees morning and night, meet with me at least once a week where we will do step work. this is not hard and it gives me so much back. please, if you have done the work start to sponsor and the rest of us wont have to sponsor so many......... good luck in your search. i hope you find what your looking for. peace and fellowship to you, god bless