View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Abundance

Laurie- I guess my motivation for now putting the fwding address is so that he knows I am taking some form of action. It makes me feel better about myself and eventually he will change the address.... either way I have to print something on the envelopes.... I just feel most at peace with myself doing it this way.

Donna... thanks chica. Actually - this is an old thread that I bumped before I went on my trip to the Bay and the Gorge. However, I did have a fabulous time seeing the greatest band in the entire world (imo).

Well, I'm feeling better today... in fact, when my friend came over we laughed until we cried..... so I was feeling better last night. WOW - that was some trigger. I'm sure my dear friend who is losing her husband to cancer is playing a role, as well. Oh... also, we didn't talk about my ex except for this one time where she made a comment about something that happened when he was massively high on ritalin.... and he obviously didn't know he was acting so obviously tweaked! It's sad.... I didn't know about it at the time, either. It was just her own observation. Sigh

Anywho - so, in keeping with how the bouts of sadness and being stuck in denial are lessening and moving farther apart in time... I'd say that was 7 hours! I also have the ability to start today and KNOW that I have made the choice to go my own way and NOT have to suffer those negative/hurtful feelings I had while in my relationship ....

BTW... the book that IPT has been talking about- I looked into it and here is a really good site.

Getting Past Your Past

This can be maddening, but it is necessary to review the relationship in order to work through it and be over it. Thinking about them constantly does not mean that you can’t get over it, it means that you are getting over it. While it can be crazy-making, the constant rumination is about letting go, not holding on. Yes it will drive you crazy but just know that the healing process DEMANDS that you play the movie in your head over and over again to sift through the ruins. To cry about the good times, to get angry (again) about the bad times, to wonder where it all went wrong. Yes, this phase is HARD and it HURTS but its necessary.

Last edited by Abundance; 09-19-2009 at 12:08 PM.