View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cagreg9

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. This has been a very difficult time for myself and my kids. I neglected to add that my brother-in-law is a recovering Alcoholic and I am floored by his words and opinions.
He also kindly told me that being an alcoholic is the same as having Cancer or Diabetes, because Alcoholism is classified as a disease. Well I'm sorry I'm an R.N. and take care of numerous people with all kinds of diseases. Taking that drink of alcohol is a choice, people with other diseases don't have that choice.THE YOUNG MOTHER WITH BREAST CANCER DOESN'T HAVE A CHOICE.
After my AH left four months ago he has had virtually no contact with his children. Our finances are a mess, and I just got laid off. He has basically abandoned us emotionally, financially and physically. A few weeks ago he decided to send me 300.00 a week. Thats about enough to feed the kids and get gas etc.Our mortgage is already 2 months behind. He doesn't care. I have been married to this man for 23 years, and I don't know him anymore. He does not even tell us where he is living. I will be going to Alanon tonight, right now its about the only thing to hold on to.