View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
fragrantrose
seeking recovery

Congratulations and thankyou everyone for being here!!!!!
Today is day 9 for me and I am starting to feel better,I am not waking up so anxious and depressed and feeling more motivated.
What did alcohol give me? A BRIEF respite from reality, anxiety, social inhibitions, lonliness, pseudo "fun times" peceived greater bonding with friends-"drinking buddies"-a feeling that I fitted in.
but it REBOUNDED and the COST WAS MUCH, MUCH GREATER ,being, lack of self respect as became very sloppy in what I said and did when drinking and having drunk. Lack of respect from children and setting bad example to them of continuing the family curse.
increased anxiety, depression,elevated BP, weight gain, mood swings, impulsive spending.DREADFUL MALAISE AND LACK OF MOTIVATION LIKE BEING SUSPENDED IN TIME AND NOT GOING FORWARD. Staying stuck in relationship with alcoholic with liver disease and still in denial! (have since parted from him again since giving up drink). Drink drive,Saying stupid things, drunk dial, JUST GENERALLY SICK AND TIRED OF MYSELF AND REMORSEFUL. Not a nice way to live!
It has been very hard to stay off my poison of wine and it has been a very long week but having this taste of how good it is, ALCOHOL FREE will keep the impetus to keep sober for EVER.