View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ventuhome

Unhappy Update on my Bro and Sis-in-law

Hi all, well my Sis-in-law has been out of jail for 2 months now. She gets drug tested every week, and she's been clean every time. She doing all her NA meetings, and IOP, and Parenting classes. My bro also does all his NarAnon and Parenting classes. The place is very clean and cheerful. Last weekend, we had a moive marathon there with diet soda and subway sandwiches, plus swimming in the pool. We really had fun together.
BUT...the social worker doesn't give a damn that they have made all this progress and have done everything they were told to do. She still is not going to recommend that their kid come home in November at the next court hearing!! Get this - she says "oh you could relapse again!". Well duh, any addict could relapse again, but is that a good reason to keep the kid in foster care forever? Might as well turn the state of California into one big orphange and ship 10% of the nation's kids there, because 10% of us are addicts or alcoholics. My SIL is willing to move out and let my bro try for sole custody, but the *&^%%*! Social Worker is like "Oh, you could get married to another addict!!" Seriously she said that to him.
Meanwhile, my nephew is in a "foster home" where all the other kids are in wheelchairs or bedridden. They have discontinued trying to potty train him and keep him in diapers all the time. I wish I could take him, but I have to work 2 jobs and I already have a disabled kid.
After they told my SIL that she wasn't getting the kid back in November, she got so depressed she crawled into bed for 2 days and cried. But she did not use!!!
PLease say a prayer for all of them.