Old 09-17-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

You've received some excellent advice, above, from folks who have been to hell on this rollercoaster and decided to come back here and watch from the sidelines. I know... I am one of them.

And even now, years after I first discovered my kid's addiction, I have these conversations in my head...should I turn her in? Will it get her help? Is this God's will?

But I've learned the hard way (and even after being told by others what NOT to do..grin) that my "softer, easier way" was keeping my child from getting enough PAIN and AGONY from her disease of addiction to be able to make a strong decision to walk away.

Today, she is sitting in jail for six months (oh THANK YOU, God!) and I am already fearful of her release because so many go back out and use at their former level and overdose. This is sign that I NEED and MUST get myself to some Alanon meetings.

When I leave those meetings, I walk out with a stronger sense of purpose in the universe. That there are no coincidences. That even the tough stuff...even the bad things... have lessons attached. And that I really am powerless to change this path for her.

I wish you the best. ((hugs))