Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Back when I was consumed with fixing my daughter, I went to the Police with all sorts of names, addresses and license plate numbers of all the other addicts she associated with. I expected the Police to drop everything and go out and arrest the bad guys.

Needless to say, this did not happen. It's not against the law (who knew?) to be an addict. That's different than possession or dealing. There are not enough Police anywhere to act upon tips, anonymous or otherwise, unless it validates a huge dealer operation. And even then....

Many who use drugs also sell drugs. Most who use drugs with deny doing so and or are less than honest about the frequency. Two months often means 2 hours ago.

It certainly sounds as though your sister is nowhere near done with drugs or this man. That's her choice.

Addiction needs enablers. That she has been tossed out of your parent's home means she will likely be looking to you to help her financially and/ or intervene in the drama of her life. Doing so or not, is your choice.

You did not cause this. You cannot control this. You cannot cure this.