View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

I found the in person meetings I went to very helpful, but the on-line version, not so much. Lots of bickering on the message boards, and lots of drama. I sometimes read to see how some of my old friends are doing, and noted I was 'banned for life'. Not sure why: somebody asked had I seen a certain member, and I just said, yes, over at Sober Village, they were banned from SMART. Lots of banning going on there lately.

You really have to watch what you say there, the guys who run the place can be pretty uptight, and they have a very vague user agreement, and a LOT of double standards. I liked the site much better when it first started, it has certainly gone downhill under the present regime,. in my opinion.

That said, I think it is very useful, practical and helpful, though I found myself seeking something broader, that focused at least marginally on the spirit, dreams, and such. So after trying it for five years, I’d say I’m still pretty much at square one, but it does seem to have helped many.

A.