View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
frstnm
Im not crazy and neither am I

I had to bring my 99' Toyota Tacoma to the dealership because it failed the inspection of a rust problem on the frame. There was at least a 6" square hole on the inside of the frame. They are recalling the vehicle and paying 1.5x the kelly blue book retail value. I should get between $10-15k for the truck. My luck it will run on the lower number range.
This is after having the clutch fixed, detailing in and out, registering and insuring the vehicle, multiple trips to the registry, paying to have the breathaliser put in...
Now I will have to go to the registry (again!!) get permission to take the machine out or it will result in a "tamper" violation and I will lose my lisc for 10 years. Automatically. No question. Do not pass go or collect $200. I would be lucky if I didnt go to prison for at least 6 months.
THEN- I will get to try and find another truck for what they give me plus a little....very little. Get the breathalizer installed in that for another $150, sales tax on the vehicle (which just went up in MA) blah blah blah, reschedule my road test....
Im sure there is more.
Why wouldnt there be ????
I love this state.