View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 03:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Dan, please listen to what dgillz said about seeing a doctor before you detox if you do relapse. I can tell you this though, you never have to drink again unless you want to!

I can tell you from my experience that in early sobriety I went to great many meetings that I did not want to be at, but I had made a commitment to myself that I was going to do what ever it took to stay sober this time because I knew I was going to lose all and die if I did not. Well in detox they told us that if we wanted a chance at long term sobriety to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor, I made myself do that because I did not want to drink again and I was willing to do what ever it took.

Like you I found the people friendly and supporting when I spoke with them and my Temporary sponsor was an awesome guy, but in the early days meetings at times were a pain or kind of freaked me out.... but I kept going, I started to look forward to going to meetings.

Make a commitment to going to meetings no matter what for a certain amount of time, get there a bit early and see if you can help set up, great way to make an instant friend! Stay a little late just to ask one on one questions or just to BS.

Try doing 90 in 90, what do you have to lose? Some time drinking or having your GF POed! What do you have to gain? Possibly some life long sober friends and a new and better way of living life one day at a time sober and at peace.