View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rose

What Can Happen!

Hi Everyone,
While I was at work today(Cafeteria in a University) this man came, I glanced at him, somethng about him reminded me of a man I used to know from school, who was charming, good looking, girls loved him. I glanced again at him and thought no, that is not him. He came to my till, he said HI! How are you! I said Larry? He said yes. He said I am so sorry to hear about your husband...then he said I got really sick, did you know? No I said, but I knew something must have happened to him, his whole appearance was just so different. He, his wife and two children did live by us about 15 years ago, for about 2 years.

He asked if I could go for a coffee, so I did. He told me he got sick 5 years ago, that he and his wife were very heavy into crack, he said using when they lived by us. He said he was at work one day driving a loaded cement truck, got to the job, got out of his truck, went to talk and he fell to the ground with a seizure. He woke up in the ambulance and they asked him if he knew is name and he could not remember, looked out the window and had no idea where he was. He said he has never been so scared in his life. He spent 3 years in the hospital, he said that was constantly having seizures, had brain surgery and also went into many comas.

He lives in a home for people who have brain injuries, will probalby never drive again. His wife is living on the streets and is still using. He said he tried to look after his kids but he is not well enough and they are in foster home.

I don't know why I am so shocked, anything to do with drugs isn't surprising. I guess I was so taken back from his appearance of what drugs did to him and how it destroyed yet again another family. I have read that crack can cause seizures, but I had yet to know of anyone who it happened to.

Rose