View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

Thumbs up One year coming up soon...

Hello everyone, sorry I have not been on in a while, I hope everyone is doing as well as possible and that people are finding answers to their problems and still working to overcome their addictions. My one year anniversary of quitting drinking is fast approaching and will be here soon, October 5, 2009 to be exact. What a year it's been. It's been the most transformative year of my life, getting sober and getting back in good physical shape. A year ago, I was a mess. Drunk or drinking all the time, addicted to nicotine, constantly smoking pot, messing around with pain pills and other recreational drugs when available, eating crap food like there was no tomorrow, never working out, and weighing in far above my ideal weight. All that has changed! The battle goes on and I'm still working hard at it everyday but to anyone out there who feels hopeless and like it can't be done, I say it CAN if you want it bad enough, are willing to work at it, and just give it some time. Again, thanks to SR for the support over this past year, so glad I found this forum.