Thread: positive bubba
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hey y'all. Made it through another Monday--I saw Vegibean's thread too late, wish I had seen it earlier...

Didn't drink. Didn't think of it 'till I come home and no internet. Then like magic my brain's figuring out the logistics of getting to the store and back. Gr, brain. And it wasn't like I stopped when I realized what I was doing. No internet, no world. No human contact, such that it is. I gotta work on that. The justification, not the human contact. The second one would be nice, but not probable--if I haven't made friends in four years, I doubt this will be the magic month, not that it can't happen, but that it probably won't. I'm always friendly to everybody except Evil Roommate (she told me I'd be wasting my breath, and I figure my breath is valuable).

So I probably won't at this point, I got the internet back. As long as I can type y'all--or even just click on things on the internet to be honest, I can be happy and comfortable. But no internet causes me to 'panic', which is another suspicious new behavior of mine. Never used to panic, it wouldn't have been very practical anyhow. Still isn't, come to think of it.

But it's disturbing how reliant on the internet I have become. Six months ago, I didn't even have home access. Then again, six months ago I had neighbors I could talk to if I went outside to the front.

Oh yeah, holdfold I think I answered your question somewhere else... yeah, brain's still a little scrambled. It's Poli Sci-Beh Sci. And I can't really throw out their liquor without risking retaliation. And they've proven to be fairly petty, especially Evil Roommate. The owner of said bottles. So far, it's not that big of an issue--grocery store is a few blocks away and they got bottles filled all the way to the top. That's more of a temptation.

Well, it's a bumpy little road, and my shocks are shot... so I guess we do this the hard way. Day by day, what do y'all say, one day at a time.

-TB, wrestling with conscience far too often these days