Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
mistycshore

Husky, just tuckered, not ignoring you.

I'm 49, a full time student, working full time, have two little dogs, a hundred-year-old house that wants to fall down, a husband of 30 years (he's a keeper ), two grown children and my first grandchild is due exactly one week from today.

I first tried to stop drinking almost 20 years ago and fell into to AA (it was a hard landing). I'm doing better since I don't pretend that I fit in there, or even want to fit in there. I'm not around sr too much anymore (and tend to be overly outspoken when I am), but I love it here and love the people and have found it to be a wonderful resource - both for emotional support and for wide-range of ideas on how to approach recovery.

Glad you're here!

My daughter owns one pure husky (short-haired, blue-eyed beauty) and one husky mix who was a rescue dog - big-time rescue: poor thing had a hip so badly fractured that vets had to redesign the joint to be a "floating joint" - like our shoulders are. (PSA: Please do not leave dogs to ride unprotected in the bed of a pickup - it's terribly dangerous.) Both dogs are strikingly intelligent, physically beautiful and endlessly lovable. If I ever figure out how to do it, I'll post pictures of my "grand-dogs".

Wecome to SR.