View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Envelope

Too late, called him... It was nice chatting about all sorts of things. Actually he didnt answer and then called back!! YAY

I reinterated that I am here, and I know I have said it before. And that 1st and foremost we are friends and that there is no expectations. So he thanked me and seemed appreciative.

He was interested in my weekend and what i got up to (which I liked the fact he was genuinely interested..) I asked how the Step work is going and he and the sponsor have been working hard at it. I did say that I missed him - his response was, its hard he knows, but he is in a good space now and is pretty balanced. He is just working at recovering and wants to set an good example to his brothers and father (they are gamblers and alcholocs too) He called the clinic and asked if he could be on the rotation roster to share in the hope to help others too. He is amazing and so unselfish!!

Then I reminded him that he still has a few things at my place. He said he wasnt in a rush for them. It makes me feel that he asnt closed the door on me or us - he has just put a door stopper on for now...

I also told him that I have been on this site most of the weekend and he was pretty chuffed and that I went to my Nar Alnon meeting over the weekend. I hope this shows him how commited I am in understanding his disease...

Lets see...

So things are indefinate between us
It was a good chat and ended that he would call me later this week. I