Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
dang i love some weird al
Add me to that list. My favorite album of his is "In 3-D". I love the songs on that one, especially the song that's a take-off of slasher flicks.

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post

Seems kinda quite here.........how about we all tell something about our selves/backgrounds/interests/dreams/fears? Would like to get to know folks a bit better, I can babble all day, in person, or on-line, so I'll stop for now.

HP
I'll go first. I'm owned by two thirteen year old cats. They make the important decisions in our house.

My DOC is fiorinal/fioricet, a barbiturate for my migraines. I suffer from chronic pain and MS, and still have to take addictive medication, which is a fine line. I keep my medication out in the open where my friends and those in recovery can see them, and its quite humiliating, but better than ending up like Anna Nicole Smith.

I am completing a degree in sociology (with extra courses in Latin) as I prepare for the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT). I was going to take the exam during the first week of next month, however due to the trauma of the move, there is a good chance I would score low. I can't afford that so I will take it the next time its offered, which is in June 2010. I plan to specialize in constitutional law. My specialty will be first amendment law, especially freedom of speech. My legal heroes are Gerry Spence, Floyd Abrams, and William Kunstler.

I bleed Dodger Blue and grew up with Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Fernando Valenzuela, and Ron Cey. I adore Vin Scully, his voice calms me down like no other.

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
Yea, this forum does get quiet, especially on the weekends. Thats one reason I frequent the Newcomers, Alcoholism & Substance Abuse forums as well. I still consider this my "home forum" though.
When I first came to SR it was to deal with my addict family member. Within a month I realized how severe my own problem was. At the time there was no Secular Forums, so I posted about my recovery with SMART in Substance. Now with Secular Connections I consider this my home forum as well.