Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Yea, this forum does get quiet, especially on the weekends. Thats one reason I frequent the Newcomers, Alcoholism & Substance Abuse forums as well. I still consider this my "home forum" though.

My ex-wife and son came to visit for the weekend. We had a good time. My son is 8, and we went to a local fossil museum, took the boat out and went swimming today. Last night we watched Wall-E on the big screen in the home theater we have upstairs. He and his mom "camped" out back in a tent. He loves camping!! I have a hard time with it, for one physically, I have bad knees and have a hard time getting up and sitting on the ground for long. I also have some childhood "issues" relating to camping that I'm not going to get in to right now, but I'm glad they enjoy it.

I still have a very hard time being around my ex. Not for the "usual" reasons, I am still very much in love with her and want to be back with her more than just about anything else. She still loves me as well, but I have put her through so much over the last 20 years, I don't know if it will ever really work out again. So while I love spending time with them, it is also hard being around her, acting like things are like they used to be, but knowing that they really aren't. Neither one of us have moved on to other relationships, despite the fact we have been divorced for almost 5 years. I feel "stuck" but really have no interest in a relationship with anyone but her.

So I guess I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other, keep trying to get a little better than yesterday, and let life work itself out. Hope everyone is well. Take care all.