View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ananda

Originally Posted by navysteve View Post
Great book but not for folks who don't appreciate logic as it applies to how religious ideas formed. Here is another I found fairly enlightened:

“12 Steps on Buddha’s Path: Bill, Buddha, and We,” by Laura S. | Wildmind Buddhist Meditation
thank you because of the nature of this thread i am posting here..hesitantly to be honest.

there is, in my very limited understading, a connection strongly between the 12 steps and buddhism. however i am finding it diffcult.

if i were a buddha..enlightened one... i would not..in fact within the teachings i follow..if i were enlightened, i probably wouldn't even follow the buddhist path but the cultural path of my nation which hapens to be christianity..if there is no diference as my teacher says..there is no reason to become a buddhist lol

i really like laura S.'s stuff much much more than keith griffin..who many people look too..but that is personal preferance..again..according to my understaning of buddism they are all the same...however i am a human born in the human condition..and it is hard for me.

I just drank after 2 years...and i did have 7 years once based on my budisum as well as my AA background.

is there budism in the 12 steps? of course ... all spirituality has a link..but..i have to say as someone struggling that it's hard sometimes to make the connection between a personal intervening god that so many rely on and the different approach of buddism.... they are the same..but i find it takes alot of translation to work through as a human with my own .... i dont know...who i am...and when i am in pain and really struggling.....AA is hard. I cant translate the language and stuff when i am sufering and its really really hard...

just trying to tell you where it is for some of us who believe in AA and the 12 steps but struggle...

for what it is worth there it is and i'm only 2 weeks sobr this time so i have4 to say my feelings are slam away...i've been honest and i'm not capable of being tricked into believing like someone else.. i see no reason buddhism and AA cant work but there are two sides of the street..i'll clean mine..would you please try to keep your side clean too