Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Hi Doorknob, nice to meet you. I think, when I have a bit of money saved up, I will get a dog, as they allow them where we live now. It's an artist loft, with cement floors, mainly just one big space measuring about 20 feet by 80 feet with a bedroom at one end, pretty rustic, crumbly, in a building of similar spaces, art students, odd-balls and the like. It's a of open space, so I doubt a dog would feel too cooped up, plus, training it, the floors are just cement, spattered with paint from various artists who have lived there, not as if would ruin our beautiful no-wax floors.

My friend Soo-Ok came over on Saturday, with her mother’s two little dogs, Shih Tzus...not my ideal dog, but very well behaved, and they knew a lot of tricks. Then we went to a neighborhood festival to see some bands, and it was amazing how many people I met just walking her dogs. You really get noticed. I think it could be a great way to meet people, taking walks with your dog....seems very social. If I was single, the first thing I;d do, is get a dog, and walk it all the time: I bet I'd have a date in a week.

So aside from all the things a dog has to offer, it seems to also offer this social out let in urban life.

I would love a Malamute, but too hot there, and not quite enough space, spo we're thinking maybe a pug or a Boston Terrier, maybe even a wire haired fox terrier/welsh terrier. Something not too big, but cute.

Seems kinda quite here.........how about we all tell something about our selves/backgrounds/interests/dreams/fears? Would like to get to know folks a bit better, I can babble all day, in person, or on-line, so I'll stop for now.

HP