Thread: positive bubba
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
holdfold

Phenominal.. two week and counting... you should be very proud of how far you have come. I share the same thoughts sometimes when I look at the board that people are relating their relapses and then I realized that these people are in pain and turmoil as I was (and occasionally still am) and they need support and it was freely given, just to get me over the first step which took three days. Not that I am an expert but I feel that adding the odd comment here and there re-enforces the will to carry on and share some of what I have been through, which may resonate and give someone the strength to keep going another day.
When I first got here I didn't really 'listen' to the one day at a time... I was soon nodding my head and have found good people here who offer the experience and wisdom.
I'm glad that you share your situation and clearly it is a challenge both within you and logistically. I have my first test today with going to a BBQ up the road and I am determined to keep focus and if the temptation is strong I will leave!

Let's keep on this road together, the view is nice and the air is good...isn't it nice to face the day with a clear head and purpose? Be well and let's keep going forward.