Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
Whenever I drank, it always cost me all I had, with rare exception. If I went out with $500US, I'd be lucky to get home with $50US, if with any at all. Over a thirty year span, the totals are in the thousands, well over 100 grand, possibly a qtr mil, considering lost opportunities, drug use for several years, it hurts to even type this, but it helps to look at what happened. Today, I blew a whopping $1.59 on a 24 oz cup of coffee, that's a start in the right direction for today.
I am closer to the FS drinking model, up to $500 a night. I have spent over $1,500 in one night (bought booze for everyone at a party, took out a limo with a bunch of people to pick it up... tack on another $400).

Once I drank enough that I know longer knew what I was doing I seemed to think I was some kind of millionaire... Bought drinks & rounds for everyone around (stupid). Then came the Visa bills along with all of the other monthly bills.

I am sure I have spent over $500,000 on such things in the past & if I start to think of the lost job opportunities & commissions due to my consumption of alcohol then... too embarrassed to even start to try to add that up.

I did however spend $2.49 on an iced coffee & spent some quality time talking & playing chess with my Father last night (priceless)