Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Hey folks. Checking in. Staying on the minivan (I think wagons are ugly).

Misty-- tough one but I wouldn't say anything just now. I do think where there's smoke there's fire and what you described sounds like he could have been using meth. But on the other hand you really don't know since you didn't see anything yourself. He admitted he has or had a drug problem, but the cash drawer was fine. Seems like maybe he's trying to get it together a little bit (like many of us on here) so unless there actually is a problem, why stir up trouble? No one's life but his own is in danger and he didn't steal the money. Cross that bridge if you get to it. *Spoken like the methie I am, right?*

Husky... yeah! Haha

Much on my mind tonight. I basically ratted out a friend to his mom today. My friend is really out of control with his drinking, Rx drug addiction, gambling problem, etc. It's a long list. Friends and I have been kicking around the idea of calling his parents for months and we realized today we're in the perfect position to do it. He will be dead in a year if it doesn't stop, it's that bad. The last week or so has been bad, he's getting worse and we realized that none of us has a relationship with him any more so the worst he can do is be mad at us for calling his parents. So we made the call. His mom wasn't surprised by anything we said but we confirmed what she suspected and hopefully she'll start trying to get him some help. I still feel weird about it though, I think it was right in this case but I partied with the guy, I bought him dope. I made things worse for him. I feel like a traitor, but at the same time I know he's way past being able to quit on his own. And I don't want the guy to die knowing I watched it happen and didn't say anything.

*Sigh* Still having one of those FML weeks I guess.