Thread: Thoughts Please
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
onelifeonly

Midton, It's really great to read this entire thread and see how far you have come. Congrats on the month!!

I myself am on Day 5 today. Its not the first time. But this time I have something different in me. Determination. I can't call myself a binge drinker. Sometimes I did, but it was only after I didn't drink for a couple days, telling myself that I could handle a few drinks. If I didn't feel it the next day, which is oddly surprising (people would always ask me how i was not hungover), I would start again, and keep on for a few days, and then tell myself I was in control and that i didn't feel like drinking that day. Truthfully, it was probably financial that i took those mini breaks and it was an absolutely vicious cycle.

Even after 5 days, and going thru the initial irritibility, frustration and anxiety, I realize I probably was hung over, all the time, and just thought it was "normal." I am doing things to keep busy, and exercising, and trying to eat better. And I certainly don't miss how i was feeling, just 6 days ago. That for me right now is a major factor in wanting sobriety, and working at it.

I hope that re-reading your month long thread will be inspiration to you to keep going and stay strong and healthy. It was an inspiration to me. Thank you and good luck.