Thread: positive bubba
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 09:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Morning y'all--okay, it's Sunday evening here, but *blink* I just woke up. Fighting restlessness makes me just knock out, I don't know why. Maybe it's hard on my body.

Anyways, Tiger, and others I'm sure, I know there are many on SR who support me. And trust me, I appreciate each and every one of y'all. 9 1/2 days does not happen by thirtybubbas alone. Ever. We are a reckless species...

And we like to walk. A lot. Actually, I always did walk. I highly recommend it. At first, during withdrawals, I couldn't walk very far--not because I didn't want to, or physically couldn't, but because I kept tripping for no reason. I have improved my walking skills back to pre-sobriety level, and go all over the place looking at things. Suburbs are utterly fascinating and horrifying at the same time, IMHO.

TJP, thank you for understanding what I meant. I was afraid I had said it wrong again.

I looked up a volunteer site, and checked out animal shelters. All they want was people to foster animals. I did, however, find a couple fun-sounding ideas under abused children. Guess that'd be appropriate. Give them a reason to smile, something to do before they end up like me.

NB, oh, good. Yeah, I was wondering that, about carpooling/getting a ride, but I couldn't sign up until I had a picture of me. I must be the only person with none. DL doesn't count.

Yeah, anywhere they drink. I'm going to have to deal with that in the Student Government thing too. I remember staying up till 3am, all of us drinking, the night of officer elections. That's going to be harder than saying "no thank you" to a bunch of people I don't already know. I never did drink with everybody.

Actually, I had to quit unicycle juggling after an incident on the Santa Monica pier...

Thanks for the hug, IO. I'm coming to realize more after being here for a while, I do need hugs. I got so used to doing things by myself, it feels real nice having people with you for a change...