Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
ElegantlyWasted
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Zebra.. "a level beyond what I think I can get too", "I just turned 53".

Welcome... As best I can figure out; Blame Tommy for starting this thread. Seriously, we seem to have fun posting what we have done here and drawing inspiration from others posts. Age 37. I started cycling over a year ago and could barely do 10 miles after going through a divorce and letting my mind body unit atrophy. Since then have logged in over 8,000 miles on the bike and have gone from 194 lbs to 165 lbs. Resting heart rate has dropped from about 75 bpm to 50 bpm. 52 is barely middle age in my book. My Dad's friend (mid 60's) does a century (100 mile ride) every month. Again; welcome to this thread.

Mid.. "79.4 kg and today it was 80.2kg"... I've noticed that my weight yo-yos from 162 to 170 fairly regularly; within a 24 hr period. Weighing myself after a ride (water weight loss and empty stomach) is the low number. After a full meal and fully hydrated is the latter. I was a little freaked out by this at first, but have come to realize it is perfectly healthy. Maybe try comparing your weight on a week to week basis under identical conditions would be the way to more accurately track what is going on??? My hunch is that your are gaining muscle weight faster than you are loosing fat weight.

Last 2 days rides to and from GFs. 10 miles.

AM training ride today...
3 mile warm up, 15 min. Light stretch.

82 to 85 degrees F. Most people I've seen exercising on the road/ paths in the last 3 months!! Humid for Phoenix; sweat actually sticks to the body.

1 hr. 58 min ride time. Approx 15 mph. Min HR 99, Peak 161, Avg 131. Total cal burn 1550. Top Speed 33.3 (downhill).

Happy Labor Day All!