Old 09-06-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Freepath
Up from the ashes

Postmodernism becomes a little unclear when it is applied to everything from culture to law to architecture to literature. How can all of those things stem from the same basic pretense? So, with modernism being a rejection of traditional religion, literature, architecture, ect, is postmodernism embracing the “traditional?” The entire concept becomes so stymied because these are simply ubiquitous buzzwords with no real meaning. I prefer to address ideas independent of their categorizations. Same thing with politics. I don’t like to refer to things as “liberal” or “conservative” because anyone who is truly thinking for themselves will have opinions that span across all political platforms. To me, it’s a serious red flag when you begin to see things exactly the way someone else tells you to see them.

Just a brief point to Huskypup. I think that you need to seek out support. AA has agnostic groups that do not pray or have sponsors or chips or stick to the 12 steps. You are not alone in your desire to quit and your rejection of a cult-style solution. If your life goals seem unachievable, make new life goals. Make a life goal to be happier, to have more interaction with people. Something general and uplifting. I don’t claim to have all the answers, I just know that I have recently had my head handed to me in a bucket with regard to my life goals, and I am in the middle of revamping this kind of stuff as well. This time I am aiming for balance and less specific outcomes.