Thread: later SR
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
matt88

later SR

Well folks, my short time here is coming to an end. You guys have been a help and great source of positivity and encouragement for me at times when I've needed it. Unfortunately assorted encounters, observations, and comments have started to make this place something of a source of negativity for me. I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to improve myself, and if something is in anyway bringing me down, then I need to trim it. I won't delve into specifics.

Also, I'm trying a new approach as I near two months sober. I can see why they recommend 90 AA meetings in 90 days. In the first few days and weeks, I've come here everyday, but now I'm at a point where I feel that to be truly free of alcohol, that must include me being free of "recovery" stuff. Recovery stuff to me has just become yet another chain to alcohol. I've just thought myself around in circles about alcoholism and have personally exhausted the subject for myself. As I've noted elsewhere, I don't recommend at all for anyone else to take this approach, but I feel that by reading so much recovery and alcohol related information, posts, etc, that my life still revolves around alcohol. I want to be totally free. This feels right for me.

I wish everyone the best in their paths. SR - thanks for being here. You have helped me, and I hope you continue to help many more struggling alcoholics. I have referred one person to this site already who expressed a problem with alcohol, and I will not hesitate to refer others. all the best. .