Thread: positive bubba
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Ho boy. I knew I was bad at expressing what I felt, but oops. Sorry y'all.

First off, Anna & others, I was not referring to *anybody* on SR when I said "nobody cares what I do."
I was referring to the people physically right here. And Anono, I don't know if I'm clinically depressed--every other day I'm blue--but I was happy when I wrote the post. I did not mean those words in the sense of "there is nobody on the planet that cares for me." There are, I just can't physically touch them, they're far away & on the other end of chats & phones. I was intending it more in the sense of "it affects nobody's life to the point where I would have to think twice about doing it." *frustrated* Still can't really pinpoint what I meant to all y'all, although I do know what I meant.

Vegi (first post) yeah, you may be on to something.

Dee, no problem at all. I figured most wouldn't, I do read y'alls's posts and do notice most of y'all don't go for active. I was just hoping there would be somebody that did... Shot in the dark. Thought it wouldn't hurt.

TC, will check into that on Tuesday.

Coffee, I actually do understand that. I have made lots of things fun that shouldn't probably be. But right now what I'm looking for is something to raise my pulse some, I suppose. Although I love them, crossword puzzles fail there for the most part.

And actually, this is sort of a focus on my sobriety. When I get to feeling like I want to do something, and I have nothing to do, my exact next response is to drink. Every single time.

I'm glad I'm here. And that all y'all are here too.

Yeahgr8, yup, all the above. Listening to music as I type, as ever. Read lots, walk *lots*. Interesting things, not so much. I have figured out that in a two mile range from my 'home', there are 11 styles of home and only 8 colors of paint. And possibly no people. And it's very easy to think you're on another small curly road than you actually are, and become totally lost in a 1-square mile walled off block. They're like little labyrinths. And the mercury's high, barometer's low, so your brain gets addled... fun times.

No driving for me this weekend. I like my car too much to lose it 'cause I got popped for no lic/ins.

Ocean, my school's not really a 'community school' that I know of... no activities, etc. Actually, the surrounding place isn't much of a community either, at least any other place I've lived. I'll check it out though.

This school has fraternity/sorority type clubs, and major-related clubs. Not only am I already in one (major-related), I accidentally became a top officer last year. Oddly, this does not help me socially. It will however probably help me academically--which is what most people use them for. Don't get me wrong, people know who I am here, and always say hi, but, and I'm going to be selfish here, I would like somebody to go somewhere with--and I mean anywhere, I couldn't get anybody to go with me to the school bookstore--instead of 2-3 minutes of idle chat. Oh, and I'm hijacking my own thread. For now I want active-y things to do.

NB, yeah! I'm gonna check that out right now. You posted that as I hit the reply button, so I didn't see it first.

Well, thank y'all for replying, and again, *so sorry* for the confusion about my wordings.

Also, due to my inexplicable (!) recent inability to maintain my own schedule--thank you, Mr. Piece of Paper--I realized too late that I have something less fun to do today during when I would be climbing indoor rocks. According to the site, it has to be an all day thing, so I'm a try for Monday if they're open. Have not stopped wanting (@ you, Vegi... this ain't one of those times... unless I don't do it Monday).

Take care y'all.