Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Takes time!

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
I've read several recent pages of posts here and you people are all working out at a level beyond what I think I can get too. Now that doesn't really bother me since I see my fitness as an individual thing, but I'm curious as to how old you guys are. I just turned 53. Are you guys just a lot younger than me? Or am I just depressingly out of shape?
I'm 32 and in far better shape than I was at 16, 18, 25 etc... I can run 10 miles in relative comfort and I prefer routes with lots of hills. I also bike ALOT. I've been biking for about a year now and my endurance has been extended 3 fold since I began. I added running 2 months ago to change up routines and prevent boredom. I started running 5 miles on my first run only because I biked so much that I was already able to run a good distance.

I really didnt get into exercise until last year when I was desperate for a "healthy buzz" for a change. I was in rough shape when I started (felt like a busted wheel barrow) so anyone who can walk can eventually get a decent workout with patience and time.

I also have issues with moderation LOL. 22+ mile biking yesterday and it was a beautiful day!