Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Hi Daisylady.

AH is going to rehab-shouldn't I be happy?
Why do you think this should bring you happiness? You MAKE your own happiness, you can't get it from another person and another person cannot give it to you. It's YOUR job. So, no, you "shouldn't" be anything.

For some reason, I just am not that happy. The only thing I am happy about is that I don't have to deal with him for 30 days!
What do you think you should be that happy about? The fact that someone else is taking steps toward Recovery, whether fake steps or not? I'm glad you have found some happiness that you will have 30 days free of the chaos and difficulty. How much more happy would you like to be? If you'd like to be much more happy, then you will need to do much more for yourself.

Isn't that a horrible way to think???
No, that's not horrible. Do you realize you are judging yourself?

I still feel like the only reason he is going is because he is afraid our marriage will be over if he doesn't go.
What other reason would you like him to have to go to rehab? Do you want his life to completely fall apart? Recovery is a process. He may have to go to rehab for a whole slew of reasons before something sticks for him.

could someone tell me if it is a little strange that my husband is going to a therapist with his mother??? HE IS 30 YEARS OLD! For goodness sake, they are not married! It is his MOTHER! UGH!
Sounds strange to me, but not uncommon. For goodness sake, the last addicted person in my life is nearly 50 and his mother is still babying him and enabling him. It is weird, isn't it? when it seems your husband or significant other is married to his mother.

Anyway, I am not sure if I want to stay married or not. I don't know if I am even in love with him anymore and I just want to MOVE ON with my life.
Then move on. You're waiting on him, you're waiting to see if this time "works." Nothing "works" because it can't be fixed. Decide what is healthiest for YOU, regardless of his alcoholism.

I really am just looking forward to 30 days with no AH.
I'm with ya'. It is SO peaceful when they are gone!