Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Midton

Elegantly, I should have read your post before exercising this morning. I tend to have a habit of overdoing things, that's why I'm posting on this site I suppose.

I've been running at a pace of 1k every 6 minutes. It's a comfortable pace, easy really, but it gets my heart going and is quite a pleasant pace to run at. Today I increased it to 5:42 per 1k and ran for just over an hour. Physically it wasn't so hard but, for me, it's more difficult to enjoy the run at anything over 10K/hour. Last year I kind of burnt myself out by running for almost 2 hours and gradually increasing the pace to under 5 min/1k.

I finished up with my chin up and weights routine and it went really well. Since I've quit drinking (day 27) I'm really feeling stronger.

Shockingly my weight has yet again increased. Yesterday I was 79.4 kg and today it was 80.2kg. I normally weigh myself right after I shower and wearing a wet towel so hopefully the wetness of the towel is affecting this.

I should add many years ago I was at Iowa State University and I used to workout at a small gym/pool near my dorm. I don't think anyone knew it was there. It was always empty apart from the ISU cheerleaders who would use it on a regualr basis. Sheer bliss.