Old 09-03-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
URMYEVERYTHING

Originally Posted by daisylady View Post
The only thing I am happy about is that I don't have to deal with him for 30 days! Isn't that a horrible way to think???

Absolutely not. You are entitled to peace. It's time for you to reflect and think without the chaos of his addiction.

I still feel like he has had NO CONSEQUENCES for his behavior. If he has had no consequences what will make him change?!?! He hasn't lost his job, his family, he has no financial difficulty and he has never had to pay for rehab himself. It is just nuts.

Dealing with an addiction in itself is a consequence. All addicts don't need an eye opening experience to make the decision to change.

His Mom is once again stepping in to pay for rehab, this time over $8,000.00... She is only paying as long as he goes to counseling sessions with her after he gets out. I am sorry, but could someone tell me if it is a little strange that my husband is going to a therapist with his mother??? HE IS 30 YEARS OLD! For goodness sake, they are not married! It is his MOTHER! UGH!

He must have issues with his mother which leads him to addiction. He can't cope with something that could be connected to the relationship he had with his mother and continues to have. Addiction affects ALL involved with the addict. Even though he is 30, he is still her son. Just the fact that she is paying $8,000 for his rehab stay says a lot. If he fails, she feels disappointed. It's all connected. It may also be good for his mother to go to therapy. If she's an enabler, she may learn something about herself.

Why will this time will be any different??

I'm sorry there are no guarantees. Please read "Reclaim Your Family from Addiction" by Craig Nakken. It may help with your decision or at least help with understanding your frustrations.

Thanks for listening/reading as always.

No problem... that's what we are here for.

Daisy
Remember to take care of yourself while he is gone.