View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

This one's for the heathens

Okay, atheist types.

You know I'm one very gay non-believer, so this is going to be a very gay thread. I need help.

Still in therapy and have yet to talk about why I have no self-esteem and confidence. All of this can be traced back to my religious upbringing. I believed I would burn in hell for all eternity for liking the womens. I had no role models (I promise this isn't a sob-story) or anyone around me to say that being gay rocks....only people who thought it was evil/sinful/disgusting/blahblahblah...

...so, I repressed my sexuality. I did a bang up job, too. It's amazing how a person can take something and bury it deeply and live in blissful denial...for a while, anyways, before everything explodes into a huge thundering sh!tstorm.

Today I'm doing much better...but I really need to bring this up in therapy. I need to talk about how my experiences with my religion royally f*cked my brain up. I'm trying to pick up the pieces...still. Only problem is I don't know how to bring this up in therapy without sounding like I'm totally bashing religion. Should I even care? I'm the one paying for this, anyways, and if I don't talk about it how do I move forward? Anyone in heathen land ever have to talk to a therapist about how religion messed with your head?

My therapist got her degree from a religious institution, did I mention that? Not that it matters...but religion is a touchy subject...