View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recycle
Ethanol Intolerant

Sincere thanks for the links. I found the detox experiences enlightening. I am going to sound cocky, but I have planning this since April. I have been monitoring my pulse and blood pressure regularly during this period, and I have working on my nutrition for months. If circumstances were different, or perhaps if I were braver, I would check into a rehab center. But I know what would happen if I did that - I would be in relapse within a week if not the day I got out. The why of that is complicated, but I know my decision making process, if I did the rehab center thing, it would have been something “they” did to me. All the reasons I flop from addiction to addiction would still be there, and while I am not all that honest with myself, I know I would not have changed, just sobered up.

If it helps mitigate the cocky bit, my big plan was to begin July 5, but the thrill of getting away with a series of escalating binges and a bottle of oxycotin has wasted most of my summer. We will see if I take the final step to begin the journey this week.