View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 03:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
marle

She will be coming home on weekends because she must still work a job to make money to pay her bills. She really is only a bit over an hour away so it is not like she fell off the planet but you all know how that still feels to this (still a bit of a codie) mom. She called last night and has made a friend with one of her roommates. I really want her to succeed and have a positive college experience but there are still those memories of how college went the first time. She is older and wiser so I am hoping that that translates into a more mature attitude this time. She has already made plans to go to an NA meeting women's group and has a tentative sponsor. She changed Suboxone doctors and her new doctor has a group that meets twice a month. And once she is under my insurance again she plans to see a counsellor to try to deal with her anxiety and eating disorder. So she is willing to help herself, knows her limitations and knows that support is just a phone call away. So now the future is really up to her. Oh and one other thing is that she won a small scholarship recently from the organization that my husband belongs to. That was sort of icing on the cake so to speak. I go back to work tomorrow so I will be busy. Also it is my month to chair my Tuesday night meeting so thinking of a topic will keep my mind busy. My husband is still working in Harbor Springs so he is 150 miles away. I visit when I can and he comes home when he can. It has been a nice, but busy summer. Hugs, Marle