View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
afin3mess

Save YOURSELF, thats all YOU can do!

Wow, do I realllllly know where you're coming from. I have battled this the emotional effects of this disease personally from dealing with my fiance. He is a crack cocaine addict and it has made me sick as well. Luckily for me after two years of lying, stealing, manipulating me...staying up all night waiting for him to come home, calling his cell phone on redial for hours on end with no answer, threatening, crying, screaming, getting myself physically sick It breaks your heart and your spirit You find yourself doing things you never thought you'd do. Making yourself a classic enabler. Finally .my fiance has gone to rehab. I also went through a hard time..beating myself up saying to myself if he really loved me. NO. Dont do that to yourself, please. Spare your heart the kind of pain mine has gone through. Just because your boyfriend is an addict and is not ready to admit it yet does not mean he doesnt care for you. I can promise you his addition WILL get in the way of his feelings for you. And to make a relationship work with an active drug user is near impossible. SR is a great place for support i've learned, NAR ANON meetings are hard to find so try an AL ANON meeting..they're realllllly helping me.