View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seekingsobriety

Words of Encouragement for Newcomers

Everyone, today is day 100 without drinking for me, and I felt the need again to give back.

Here's is what I DON"T miss:

Feeling sick all day, every day.
Feeling depressed, all day, every day.
Watching the clock, for the liquor store to open, then being the first one there.
Being in trouble at work.
Losing relationships with family and friends.
Having an overwhelming sense of worthlessness and guilt, and shame.
Ulcers
Headaches
Empty bank account.
Losing the respect of everyone around me.

...........well, you all know the rest, no point in belabouring it.

HERE IS my life now!

Happy.
Always feel good.
Lifting weights and getting in shape.
Bursting with energy.
OVERWHELMING sense of pride, self-worth and confidence.
LOOKING JACKED!
Off anti-depressants
No more stomach problems
The future looks so bright for me, it is beyond belief.
Feel like I can do or be anything I want, now that I have beat the Demon.

Honestly, I just can't belive how good life is for me now. Alcohol hardly ever crosses my mind anymore. I live alone, so my only "policeman?regulator" of behaviour is ME. Yet, when I DO think of alcohol, I think off all IT CAUSED ME TO LOSE and what I have now and am gaining back. They shouldn't call it alcohol, they should call it "MISERY"

This can be yours. Each and everyone of you. Join AA. If it isn't for you, try something else, but don't give up!! I did it on my own, through education, exercise and nutrition, and THIS BOARD!!

Get the first week out of the way, and it gets much easier. After the first three months, your whole lifestyle has changed (IF you change it) and alcohol won't be a priority. I PROMISE you................life can be soooooo good for you.........you have just forgotten how good it can be. Get that back! You DESERVE it.

I wish you all the best.

Stay Strong.

Your friend,

Seeking