View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
wooten3955

Thanks again to all of you who have written with your insights.
When I asked my boyfriend if he had been drinking the night before, he denied it. But when I pressed him, he finally admitted that he had had "a few" beers at his friend's house last week. So that makes TWO TIMES (once at a wedding reception, and this latest episode) where he drank and DID NOT TELL ME about it.
I hate to act like his mommy, but I got back together with him with the deal being that he had given up the booze. We live in different towns, and with his job, I would have to move to his town if we ever got married.
How can he expect me to do that when he is withholding information that is very important to making a decision like that??
Now he is on medication for his bad moods, which he used to treat by getting drunk. He still claims he has been sober this whole time, and has been having anxiety from not drinking.
Part of me feels I should stick by him until we see how this medication works for him. But the fact that he's lied to me twice really bothers me. I do not want to have to ask him every day, did you drink anything? That was life with my pot-smoking ex. They lie to you anyway.
Any thoughts on this?