View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

You need to create a Stress Scale, if you will, and see where each and every thing that causes you stress rates on that scale. You will most likely find that some things are just not worth it. Trivial things over the course of the day have a habit of adding up until we feel that stress knot in the back of our heads ready to explode. Putting things in perspective will simplify your day as you casually decide that each trivial thing simply doesn't deserve another moment of your time and energy.
I like this alot.
I think I will try this on a 1 - 5 scale, with 1 being no stress and 5 being over the top stress/anxiety - past needing my xanax. 2 would be the "good" stress that helps us to perform well. Three would be when we start to feel pressured and 4 is beginning anxiety; both would be when a xanax would still be helpful.

See, I've noticed that I often get past the 3-4 scale, and I'm on 5 before I even realize that I'm totally stressed out. It's when things pile up. It seems I do well dealing with issues, but, then, all of a sudden, I notice I've got like multiple major issues to deal with at one time, and still my job, home, bills, son, pet, etc.... and I'm past the point of no return, and I've never even taken a xanax to start to help myself, because I haven't realized the amount of stress I'm dealing with until it's too late! It's no wonder my stomach is red raw and in pain! :wtf2 So, I think having a visual scale will help remind me of the realities I am dealing with.

Thanks for this tip.

Shalom!