Old 08-23-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
Gneiss, you are going to have to learn how to say "No". It took me years and years and I'm still not good with it, but it's very important not to let people take advantage of you!
Indeed, I wish there was a good way for me to say no. Normally I don't have too much trouble, but with her it would be far worse to tell her she can't stay with me for one night. The problem is that when I decline an invitation to hang out with them or say she can't come over or whatever she decides it's because I have something to hide from her. And obviously it must be that he and I are dating again, he's cheating on her. She just knows it.

I suggested to him that perhaps it would be better if she goes home tonight since I have homework to get done and I don't really have space for them anyway. Plus her kids picked up lice at daycare and that makes them the last people on Earth I want in my apartment. He kinda caught me off guard and I didn't really have the chance to say no. I'll just have to be more with it in the future.