View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bernadette

How many second chances can you give a person???

Well, technically, only 1 "second" chance! Or else it's not a second chance it's a license to continue to disresepect whatever agreements you both committed to.

I love him and we're very compatible, but I don't want to be married to a using alcoholic.
No I'm sure you don't!!! and I hope you obey the voice inside you that is telling you that! For your sake and more for the sake of the child you are raising. Relationships with alcoholics create all kinds of unhealthy dynamics for kids to learn from, I had a lot of deep-seated bad habits of mind I had to un-learn from growing up w/ an alkie father and codie mom.....

My ex-husband was a drug user who hid his habits from me, and I don't want to go through that again.
Do you have an eerie feeling that this relationship could be similar? Again listen to your gut and trust it and do the right thing-- it might not be easy-- it might cause you some temporary pain and heartache, but it sounds like you know what the deal really is!

What is the right thing to do here??
I agree w/ Freedom-- the best thing I did after my divorce was get my rear end into therapy and figure out how I had chosen so poorly, and how not to repeat that again.
This may be difficult, but you will never regret it!

peace-
b